Software Update v1.0.26 is available now

@Philips_Support_P Time for the new v1.0.27 thread?

I think the CEC is working as it should be. The ppm shuts down when AppleTV went to sleep. When I turn the ppm on again, i now think it powered off because I long press on the remote off button. Now I just need to short press on the remote power button to ‘wake’ the ppm up.

1 Like

Hi @imdevu v1.0.27 has been in beta but has a few rough edges, so we decided to skip it from public release. We’ll go directly to 1.0.28.

I think going forward we’ll continue it with even numbered public release and odd number beta release.

4 Likes

Sounds good @Philips_Support_P! Maybe kick off a new thread on 1.0.28 with the items targeted. Not asking for timelines as I understand how Software upgrades are… :wink:

Following all threads in #picopix-max:feature-suggestions is not practical for everyone.

2 Likes

Hi, do you have any update about 1.0.28 ?
(planning, problems solved…)

Do you have any specific issues you need resolving or just generally curious? :nerd_face:

A post by @PhilipsPrashant was split to a new topic: Current Bug / Planned Features list

This is a lot of fixes expected in the next version! Looking forward for beta-testers’ feedback on this!

Check the target version column. Not everything will make it to the next SW update.

i did already… its still quite a list! :slight_smile:

Hello @Philips_Support_P.

Gregory from passionhomecinema update his test with a custom apk designed for color calibration.
After his update, we can see a huge calibration improvement.

Where is this apk ?
I can’t see it in the roadmap.

Thank you

Hi @William this apk is accessible to beta testers only. Due to thermal concern we won’t release it until adaptive fan control is working. If you want it, being aware of the risks, please Join the beta testers list

1 Like

Just generally curious.
I read almost everything, i’am happy with my ppm because i found alternative to my issues.

I wait for :
feature 3
feature 14

And i’d like to have “Saving and loading images preset settings”
or something like that.
I believed it was evoqued, but i’am not seeing it in the list.

I’am little bit concerned about the Netflix apps that require a modification from Philips to work.
That’s mean that, when Netflix will change his apps and Philips not update it, it will not work anymore.

So, I know originally you wanted to release an update a week. That proved a bit too ambitious so a new system was thought up, one week internal version, one week public version.

That seems like it might also not be feasible? Not to pin you down on a date however, but what is your planned release structure? Assuming your team are sprint-ing through the issues.

1.0.26 - Public
1.0.27 - Would be public - but wasn’t ready?
1.0.28 - Internal only (continuation from 10.0.27?)
1.0.29 - will be sent to beta testers but not to public? If I read your sentence right.
1.0.30 - Will this be a public release finally?

Just trying to get an idea of structure of public releases that fits the iterative process of software development.

I have no doubt you and your team are working hard on improving the software, we’re just excited to see these improvements for ourselves :wink:

The odd numbered minor versions wil not be released externally most likely, and the even numbered ones will go to beta testers. The public wide releases will have to have enough fixes and features to warrant release, so perhaps every 10 versions will be released, like .30, .40, etc. (My own speculation, it all depends on how much progress is made in each version)

Hi @GeoffAlex we are still finding our rhythm in post-lockdown world. Internally we still have one update per week approximately, but not all are released to public and some not even to beta.

1.0.26 – Public. Small bugfix update after china reopens.
1.0.27 – Beta. Some new features, but beta feedback was a bit critical so not released.
1.0.28 – Internal. Should’ve been public if 1.0.27 feedback was good, but didn’t happen. It was basically a renamed version of 1.0.27 with touchpad driver improvement intended to be sent to QC for testing home-return bug on vast number of picopixes. QC did not want to release even for beta as the test was not conclusive.
1.0.29 – Beta. Major Netflix bug fixed and QC confident about touchpad bug too. Therefore, will be released hopefully Friday.
1.0.30 – Public. Major update which rolls all previous updates + new features in launcher (charging details and a few shortcuts) + easy setup.

I had a talk with the team. They’ve rolled up all changes up to 1.0.29beta, into a ‘release’ firmware named 1.0.27. Justification is that 1.0.26 was the last update… :man_facepalming:

Anyway we’ll improve the version naming in the future. We’ll do it this way: 1.0.28beta1, 1.0.28beta2 etc. until it’s ready for release it will be 1.0.28.

So what’s currently planned as 1.0.30 is now 1.0.28.

11 Likes

Any estimate when 1.0.30 will be available ?

1 Like

Not in a position to join yet (don’t have mine) but just to confirm - if beta software breaks my projector that’d be covered under warranty?

Next week for beta. In 2 weeks for public.

yes

2 Likes

Excellent, once I have mine I’ll be in about then.